Definition of School Readiness:
School Readiness means that children are ready for school, families are ready to support their child’s learning, and schools are ready for children.
Whether a child attends a center-based preschool setting, home-based preschool setting, Head Start, or early learning experiences in the community these opportunities can provide a strong foundation for early learning for children.
Transitioning to Kindergarten is an exciting time for families and children. Transitions can be challenging so EPEL partners with the school district and child care programs to ensure families have the information needed for a successful transition. When transitions are successful, children are more likely to experience long-term school success.
Ready for Kindergarten: Explore the resources below to ensure a smooth and successful start.
Coming to school ready for Kindergarten makes the transition easier on your child. Children must be 5 years old by September 1st to start Kindergarten in the Fall of 2023.
- School District U-46 Kindergarten Information
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten Calendar
- Getting Started
- Register for Kindergarten
- Transitioning to Kindergarten Fact Sheet English
- Transitioning to Kindergarten Fact Sheet Spanish
- Important Phone Numbers
- Stay Connected with School District U-46
Tips for Preparing Your Child for Kindergarten
- Practical Tips for Preparing Your Child and Yourself for Kindergarten
- El comienzo del kindergarten
- Your Child is Going to Kindergarten: Making the Move Together