Did you know that there are 2000 Days from Birth to Kindergarten?
85 to 90% of brain growth occurs in the first five years of a child's life. In this critical time, we must make our most significant impact.
Elgin Partnership for Early Learning enhances the community by Meeting Families Where They Are, providing resources, initiatives, and support to prepare children for Kindergarten. EPEL’s website assists families with resources and tools to prepare children for success in school.
EPEL ON THE MOVE IN 2021
- 3 Language in the Laundromat programs 217 children served
- 40,000 Books distributed to build home libraries for children
- 3,294 Children Served expanded from two to five neighborhoods
- 64,000 Diapers Distributed to parents furthest from reach
- 11,000 Getting Ready for Kindergarten Calendars distributed annually
- 297 Early Care Educators trained
- 94 Child Care Directors and 81 Family Care Providers attend meetings for training and connections
- 42 "While You Wait" bilingual book basket locations for families to access
- 26 Early Learning While You Wait Flip Charts installed for family access while waiting
- 12 Mobile Food Pantries partner to distribute diapers, books, and materials serving over 1,500 families with young children
- 5 Early Learning "Move, Talk & Play" Playground Signs installed Festival Park, Elgin
Your generous donations directly impact families and allow EPEL to continue to build a strong early learning system for our youngest learners.