Did you know that there are approximately 2000 Days from Birth to Kindergarten? In the first three years of a child’s life, 85 to 90% of brain growth occurs. This time is critical, and we must make our greatest impact during this birth to five-year-old time span.
Elgin Partnership for Early Learning enhances the community by meeting families where they are, providing resources, initiatives and support to prepare children for Kindergarten and success in life. Our bilingual 844-KID-INFO line is FREE for phone calls to help parents’ with those tough parenting decisions, assist in selecting early childhood opportunities and connect families with information to do their best parenting. EPEL’s website www.elginpartnership.org is full of resources to assist families, professionals, and the community to ensure that children are equipped with the tools they need to become ready for school.
EPEL ON THE MOVE IN 2020
- 2 Language in the Laundromat programs EPEL rolled out early learning opportunities in local laundromats to serve children and families. Story times/Crafts/Fun each week and learning opportunities. 217 children served January-March
- 25,000 Books Given out in the community to build home libraries (books share with 26 partner organizations)
- 2,200 Children Served in 4 Summer Park sites in 6 weeks. Expanded from two to four sites in 2019
- 50,000 Diapers Distributed to parents in parks, mobile food pantries, neighborhood pop-ups and through partners with a book and materials
- 11,000 Getting Ready for Kindergarten Calendars given out annually at 50 locations
- 297 Early Child Care Providers trained with partners
- 94 Child Care Directors and 81 Family Care Providers attended quarterly EPEL Network meetings for trainings, building connections
- 42 “While You Wait bilingual book basket” locations for families to read while they wait
- 26 Early Learning While You Wait Flip Charts installed for families to use while waiting
- 12 Mobile Food Pantries partnered to distribute diapers, books and early childhood materials serving over 1,500 families with young children
- 5 Early Learning “Move, Talk and Play” Playground Signs installed at Festival Park downtown Elgin as a partner grant for families to keep moving while building readiness skills
Your generous donations allow EPEL to continue to provide early learning resources and initiatives in the community Meeting Families Where They Are. Offering resources and building a connected community dedicated to helping young children thrive helps support children and families in preparing for school.
Your donation directly impacts the children and families. Let’s make our community the premier place to raise a family!
Learning Starts at Birth; Together WE Can!